Lodro Rinzler is an experienced meditation teacher and the author of many books, including my favorite book about meditation, Sit Like a Buddha: A Pocket Guide to Meditation.
In today’s episode, I chat with Lodro about how to think differently about meditation, some of the unexpected benefits of meditating, and what you need to know to get a consistent meditation practice off the ground.
You can listen to the episode in your podcast player of choice:
Here are some of the highlights from our conversation:
- How he writes so damn much (1:00)
- Tea and Cake with Demons (1:50)
- Lodro’s favorite ways that meditation has changed him (3:30)
- Conscious vs Unconscious intention (6:40)
- What is meditation, exactly? (9:30)
- Meditation and judgmentalness (14:15)
- Mindfulness vs awareness (20:00)
- Meditation and managing emotions well (22:30)
- Meditation, anxiety, and the second arrow (27:20)
- How to stay consistent with your meditation practice (34:30)
You can learn more about Lodro and his work here:
Get New Episodes First
Learn more about the Minds & Mics podcast here, including how to subscribe and get all my newest episodes as soon as they’re released.