I have some thoughts…
This is where you can find all of my most popular articles and guides, organized by topic. And don’t forget: you can get my newest articles every week when you join my email newsletter.
If you’re new to my work, these three articles should give you a good sense for what I write about:
- 6 Subtle Habits that are Sabotaging Your Happiness
- Productive Procrastination: How to Get More Done by Procrastinating on Purpose
- How to Change Negative Thinking Patterns for Good: A Step-by-Step Guide
Best Articles by Topic
I have a lot of interests, which means I write about a lot of different topics. I’ve tried my best to break down some of my most popular pieces according to general topics and themes.
- How to Keep Your Cool When Emotions Run Hot
- Emotional Intelligence Is Overrated. Aim for Emotional Fitness Instead.
- How to Be More Resilient in Everyday Life
- More in Emotional Fitness →
- Why Emotion Management Is the Key to Long-Term Productivity
- Psychological Mastery Is the Ultimate Competitive Advantage
- Gentle Productivity: How to Be Productive without Being Hard on Yourself
- More in Productivity →
- Happy Together: 3 Principles for a Stronger Romantic Relationship
- How to Change Other People’s Behavior without Damaging the Relationship
- 6 Psychological Principles of Effective and Loving Parenting
- More in Relationships →
Anxiety & Stress
- Why We Worry (and How to Stop)
- Why Trying to Control Anxiety Will Always Backfire
- Stressor Management: A Smarter Way to Manage Chronic Stress
- More in Stress & Anxiety →
- Divergent Thinking: The Mental Muscle Behind Consistent Creativity
- 10 Types of Negative Self-Talk and How to Fix Them
- Adaptive Thinking: How High Performers Think When It Matters Most
- More in Better Thinking →
- Emotional Clarity: 6 Key Principles for Managing Your Emotions
- How to Think About Feelings: 7 Things You Should Have Learned About Emotions in the 3rd Grade
- The Dangers of Intellectualized Emotion
- More in Emotional Intelligence →
- The Subtle Threat of High-Quality Distractions
- The 4 Causes of Procrastination
- Pre-Crastination: The Dark Side of Getting Things Done
- More in Procrastination →
- Rethinking the Battle Against Depression
- Scheduled Sadness: Why You Should Make Time to Be Sad on Purpose
- How to Be More Assertive: The Complete Beginner’s Guide
- More in Mental Health →
- 10 Psychological Tricks to Stay Motivated and Stick with Your Goals
- How I Used the Seinfeld Method to Create a Writing Habit
- 7 Habits of a Peaceful and Productive Mind
- More in Habit Building →
- Do You Suffer from Fake Guilt?
- 10 Way to Increase Your Self-Awareness Immediately
- Ever Wonder Why You’re So Judgmental?
- More in Personal Insight →
Mindfulness & Meditation
- No Seriously, What Is Mindfulness?
- How to Start a Mindfulness Practice: A Quick Guide for Complete Beginners
- 25 Tiny Lessons I’ve Learned from a Daily Mindfulness Practice
- More in Mindfulness →
- The Life-Affirming Terror of Minimalism
- What Is Digital Minimalism?
- The Case for Mental Minimalism
- More in Minimalism →
Sleep & Insomnia
- How to Fall Asleep Fast with Deliberate Worry
- The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Insomnia
- How to Sleep Well Before a Big Day: 5 Proven Strategies
- More in Sleep & Insomnia →
- How to Be a Prolific Reader: 19 Powerful Techniques to Build a Reading Habit
- Cheerfulness Is Not a Personality Trait. It’s a Virtue.
- Paradoxical Problems: When Hard Work Doesn’t Work.
- More in Miscellaneous →
I used to write traditional book summaries and reviews, but it was too boring. So I started a new type of book review/summary I call Quote Reviews.
It’s a very short intro to the book and main idea, followed by my favorite quotes from the book, each with a few brief thoughts of my own on the topic.
- The War of Art: How to Fall in Love with Hard Work
- Sex, Drugs, Gambling, & Chocolate: A Different Way to Think About Addiction
- The Compound Effect: How Daily Habits Create Long-term Success
- More Quote Reviews here →
Remember that scene from the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark…
Not for the faint of heart, but you could always browse the archive to see a complete list of everything I’ve ever written for this site, organized by year.
You’re still here?
Impressive that you made it all the way to the bottom of this page.
I’m not really sure how to wrap up thing up here, but how about this: You could follow me on Twitter.
I use Twitter mostly as a way to test-out little idea seeds to see if they’re worthy of becoming full-blown articles and guides. If you’ve read through all my articles, that’s really your last chance to get more writing from me 🙂