Hi, I’m Nick Wignall
I’m a clinical psychologist and the founder of the popular newsletter, The Friendly Mind, where I give practical, evidence-based advice for emotional health and wellbeing.
My newsletter is read by 50,000+ people each week and my writing has been featured in media outlets like NBC, Business Insider, Inc Magazine, and Aeon.
If you’re interested in learning more about me and my work, here are a few good places to start:
Read an article
- 13 Spiky Points of View on Emotional Health
- Stop Calling Them Negative Emotions
- 7 Pieces of Advice That Will Help You Be Less Anxious
- How to Think About Trauma
- 4 Rules for Better Self-Esteem
Listen to a podcast episode
- Existential Time Management with Oliver Burkeman
- Healthy Emotional Processing with Emma McAdam
- The Metacognitive Way Through Overthinking with Pia Callesen
Check out one of my courses
- Mood Mastery: A Proven Program to Build Emotional Resilience. Twice a year, I take a small cohort of students through an intensive 5-week program to learn advanced skills for emotion management.
- Creating Calm: End Chronic Worry and Anxiety for Good. Learn the exact step-by-step system I’ve used to help hundreds of people eliminate the root causes of chronic worry and anxiety and build true confidence and peace of mind.