Psychologist and clinical hypnosis expert Traci Stein joins me to talk about separating myth from reality on the topic of hypnosis and what clinical hypnosis can (and can’t) actually be useful for.
You can listen to the episode in your podcast player of choice:
Here are some of the highlights from our conversation:
- Common misconceptions about hypnosis
- What is hypnosis, exactly?
- Hypnosis vs Positive Visualization, Flow, and Mindfulness
- What does hypnosis actually feel like?
- What is a hypnotic trance?
- Everyday trances
- For Love of the Game
- Hypnosis and healthy behavior change
- What is hypnosis especially useful for?
- Hypnosis for smoking cessation
- Nick’s unconscious self-hypnotic inductions
- Holly Forester-Miller — Surgery video (a bit graphic!)
- Self-hypnosis for confidence and public speaking
- American Society of Clinical Hypnosis
- Traci Stein’s self-hypnosis audio programs
You can learn more about Traci and her work here:
Get New Episodes First
Learn more about the Minds & Mics podcast here, including how to subscribe and get all my newest episodes as soon as they’re released.