Emma McAdam is a licensed marriage and family therapist as well as the host of the popular YouTube channel, Therapy in a Nutshell. In today’s episode, Emma and I talk about emotional processing and the most important ideas and skills we can learn to manage painful feelings in a healthy and productive way.
You can listen to the episode in your podcast player of choice:
- What is emotional processing?
- Why is emotional processing important?
- Wilderness therapy
- Why is it so hard to talk about our feelings?
- Primary vs secondary emotions
- Basic emotional processing skills
- Feeling emotions in our bodies
- Emotional check-ins
- Intellectualizing emotions
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- The importance of willingness
- Big Magic and the Fear Monster by Liz Gilbert
- Values-based decision-making
- The meaning of emotions
- Emotional confusion
Learn more about Emma and her work here:
Get New Episodes First
Learn more about the Minds & Mics podcast here, including how to subscribe and get all my newest episodes as soon as they’re released.