In this episode of Minds & Mics, I chat with Dr. Steve Hayes, the founder of Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT). We talk about everything from the importance of psychological flexibility and emotional tolerance to the future of psychotherapy and what to look for in a great therapist.
You can listen to this episode in your podcast player of choice:
- Psychological flexibility
- Psychological rigidity
- Social anxiety and panic attacks
- Where does self-judgment and negative self-talk come from?
- The psychological function of religion and wisdom traditions
- Emotional tolerance
- 3rd wave behavior therapy, process-based therapy, and the future of psychotherapy
- What to look for in a good therapist
- 2nd wave humanistic therapy
Learn more about Steve and his work here:
Get New Episodes First
Learn more about the Minds & Mics podcast here, including how to subscribe and get all my newest episodes as soon as they’re released.