Dr. Margaret Rutherford joins me on the show to talk about perfectly hidden depression, perfectionism, and the challenges of emotional vulnerability.
You can listen to the episode in your podcast player of choice:
Here are some of the highlights from the conversations:
- Constructive vs destructive perfectionism
- Appetitive vs aversive motivation
- Trauma, childhood strategies, and the origins of perfectionism
- “Smiling depression”
- Emotional vulnerability
- Brene Brown — The Gifts of Imperfection
- Terrence Real — I Don’t Want to Talk About It
- Perfectly hidden depression
- Rigid positivity
- Classic depression vs perfectly hidden depression
- Insight vs action
- How not help someone else who struggles with perfectly hidden depression
- Should more therapists be bloggers and podcasters?
You can learn more about Margaret and her work here:
- DrMargaretRutherford.com (Website)
- Perfectly Hidden Depression: How to Break Free from the Perfectionism That Masks Your Depression (Book)
Get New Episodes First
Learn more about the Minds & Mics podcast here, including how to subscribe and get all my newest episodes as soon as they’re released.
1 CommentAdd Yours
Nice but want to share with you