Dr. Sarah Sarkis joins me on the show to talk about the adaptive unconscious, self-sabotaging behavior, attachment patterns, and therapy vs performance coaching.
You can listen to the episode in your podcast player of choice:
Here are some of the highlights from our conversation:
- The adaptive unconscious
- Defense mechanisms
- Improving self-awareness
- Developing an observing ego
- Attachment patterns
- Compensation and replication of attachment dynamics
- Emotional masking
- Using emotional pain as motivation
- Is it the crime or the cover-up?
- Psychological flexibility
- Therapy vs coaching
- Flow Research Collective
You can learn more about Sarah and her work at her website: DrSarahSarkis.com
Get New Episodes First
Learn more about the Minds & Mics podcast here, including how to subscribe and get all my newest episodes as soon as they’re released.