Dr. Christian Jarrett joins me on the show to discuss the science of personality change and to what extent we can all deliberately modify our own personalities.
You can listen to the episode in your podcast player of choice:
- What is personality, exactly?
- The Big 5 Theory of Personality
- What makes a personality theory valid?
- How writing a book changed how Christian sees personality
- What are the mechanisms of significant personality shifts?
- Personality adaptability
- Are certain personality traits good or bad? Healthy or pathological?
- The most underrated principle for effective personality change
- Are we really the average of the five people we spend the most time around?
- The Michelangelo Effect
- Order effects in personality change: Inside-out or outside in?
Learn more about Christian and his work here:
Get New Episodes First
Learn more about the Minds & Mics podcast here, including how to subscribe and get all my newest episodes as soon as they’re released.