Glad you’re interested in Finding Focus!
Here’s the short version:
- WHAT: Finding Focus is a 2-week live course taught by me (Nick Wignall) teaching you my unique values-based approach to overcoming procrastination.
- WHEN: January 23rd – February 2nd. Tuesdays and Fridays from 1:00 to 2:30 pm Eastern Time
- HOW: Four 90-minute live sessions over Zoom taught by Nick (Recordings will be available if you can’t make a session live).
- HOW MUCH: $150 (includes lifetime access to all material and future versions of the course)
- WHO: Enrollment will be capped at 30 people on a first-come first-serve basis.
If you’re interested, you can reserve a spot in the course here →
Curriculum and Topics
CLASS 1 | The Psychology of Procrastination. In the first class, we’ll briefly look at why most approaches to procrastination fail and why the targeted, values-based approach in this course is far more likely to succeed. We’ll also unpack the core psychology that drives procrastination, which is based on the most empirically valid and research-supported model of procrastination there is: The Procrastination Equation. Finally, I’ll introduce you to the “gravity theory of motivation” and why it’s key to overcoming procrastination long-term.
CLASS 2 | An Introduction to Values Writing. In our second class, I’ll walk you step-by-step through the concept of “values work” which is all about how to identify and clarify your personal values. Specifically, I’ll teach you a simple but powerful exercises called Values Writing that you can use to harness the motivating power of personal values to build intrinsic motivation and stop procrastinating on any task or project.
CLASS 3 | Creating a 30-Day Action Plan. We’ll spend the third class reviewing the core insights and exercises and walking through a detailed 30-day plan for how to implement them in your own life to overcome a specific instance of procrastination and make progress toward any goal or project of your choosing.
CLASS 4 | Advanced Topics in Procrastination and Values Work. In the final class, I’ll field questions and concerns, work with you to adjust your 30-day plan, and—time and interest permitting—introduce you to some advanced topics related to procrastination and values work.
ONGOING COMMUNITY. If there’s enough interest, I’m also happy to set up and facilitate a small online community for students to offer support to each other, ask questions, and share updates on progress with their goals.