Rethinking Emotional Health
What does it mean to be emotionally healthy?
For a long time, mental and emotional health has been dominated by the disease model—categorizing and treating various mental health disorders. But health is much more than the absence of disease.
In my essays, I try to think differently about the concepts of mental health and emotional well-being, exploring new ways of understanding and working with that big chunk of neurons between our ears.
Here are some of my favorite and most popular essays:
- The Problem with Positive Thinking
- There’s No Self-Improvement without Self-Compassion
- Ever Wonder Why You’re So Judgmental?
- Trying to Sleep Is an Oxymoron
- Happiness Is a Subtraction Problem
Get my newest essays each week
Subscribe to my free weekly newsletter and get all of my newest essays, as well as other good stuff like guides, articles, and podcast episodes as soon as they’re released: